Author Topic: Message Board  (Read 1408 times)

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Re: Message Board
« Reply #8 on: 04 September, 2024, 01:57:34 PM »
Hi Pam.
Apologies for taking so long to respond but I had a problem with logging into this MB. No idea what happened but the user name and password boxes at the top of the page were suddenly empty instead of full of asterisks, and I couldn't for the life of me remember my user name and password for this site.
I've been trying to contact Lee but no response so I guess he's still busy helping his local council (I think that's what he was doing - sounded like IT support).
I came back onto this site just now because I think I might have found the password even if not the user name (we changed from the old ones that your Martin gave everyone when Lee rebuilt this site). But lo and behold, the user name and password boxes were suddenly full of asterisks again so I logged in successfully - but still don't know the user name and password!!!
Anyway, it doesn't look like anyone else is using the MB these days so will have to wait at least until Lee comes back on board to try and get him to help Steve Iceton.
All OK in this neck of the woods - Sunny goes back to school for second of two terms tomorrow, then will finish Year 7 (not 8 as I wrongly said below). She's been elected class leader for the second year running so we're all very proud - especially as she was also 1 of only 7 students from her school to pass Cambridge Key English Test (KET) with an A grade! Wish I had her brains!!!
Actually, I've just noticed the "Attachments and other options" below, and sure I've never seen them before so maybe Lee's back on board already and making more updates - I'll email him and let you know if any success.
« Last Edit: 04 September, 2024, 02:00:45 PM by MR »

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August, 2024, 12:30:04 PM »
Morning Martin,

Nice to actually see a message from a living person.  I pop on to see if there is anyone to reply to!  I have stopped emailing Lee. I don't want to be a nuisance!  He told me to send my spreadsheet but now I can't remember why I wanted him to look at it.

Everything is OK, Ernie seems OK and I have been in touch with Alby Simpson.  I wanted Sandy Prince's (Sixsmith's) email address because she may know how Teresa is.  I wanted to find Jim Lucas as well, I was friendly with his ex wife but maybe he won't know where she is.  She did live in Scarborough. Wish I had made more friends amongst the wives or should I say kept in touch with some wive's.

I have only just found out the significance of some women putting a box of OMO washing powder in the window.  OMO meaning Old Man Out, how novel and amusing really.

My cleaner has just left, I have had her nearly a year and it is wonderful.  She is a family friend so it is not like having a stranger in my house.

Sir Kier Starmer doesn't seem to be doing very well.  They are wanting him out already and he is handing out huge wage increases to train drivers who already get 60k a year.  The Docs have not had any pay increases for years so they deserved theirs.  Not sure about teachers, I think they fill the kids up with ideas about gender stuff etc so maybe leave them alone..  Nurses could do with something I think.

Family are OK.  Simon came home for my 85th for 6 weeks because he had no job.  He now has a job so he will be home over Xmas, not his wife, it is too cold for her.  My daughter gets over periodically and I see my other Marsden daughter once a week.  I am very happy on my own and always have been.

Thinks that is all.  As well as the iMac I now have a refurbished MacBook Pro which I love.  Martin (the man who bult the website initially) always told me that if I moved on to Apply I was on my own!!

On that note I will bid you goodbye

Pam

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 August, 2024, 12:29:56 PM »
G'day Pam - I just popped on here for a quick squiz in case Graham Keogh had posted any updates about his granddaughter travelling over to Vietnam.
By the way, just had an email from Steve Iceton to say he's having problems logging onto this MB because it keeps telling him that it's sent a code to his email address but he doesn't receive anything! I've forwarded his email to Lee but not sure if or when he'll see it because the last he told me a while ago was that he was very busy these days (yes, with computer stuff - but I seem to recall it was for his local council although might be mistaken - he's helping someone, anyway!).
Our latest news is that our ward/niece Minh Anh ("Sunny") turns 12 next week and has just started Year 8 at school here in VN and has been elected class leader, so we're very proud of her and plan to take her up to Danang to walk the golden bridge at the end of this month! (Independence Day long weekend public holiday).

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 August, 2024, 02:01:17 PM »
Afternoon All,
Have to try to keep it going.  It is a bit hard to even find somewhere to post a reply.  But I realised that I have to log in in order to reply. 

Nothing much happened to me, nothing every does.  Having a cleaner is delightful and she does other jobs like cutting the grass, hanging clothes out, organising my freezer and fridge, clearing out cupboards and filling in forms.  My God I must be getting stupid.  I can't remember how to do things but I can remember all the details of the John Profumo scandal and the horrific murderer John Reginal Halliday Christie.  My Mum and I waited for the paper to come every morning so we could read all about it.

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 May, 2024, 11:51:08 AM »
Yes, Pam, MB posts are certainly few and far between these days - dare I say everyone moved on during the Covid lockdowns (I know we certainly did - it was a case of moving on or "dying in the ditch", to coin a phrase). And now life goes on in different ways for many of us...
The big question post-covid is whether you and those who can make things happen (Lee and Poul) want to keep the website (and MB?) going or not? And the answer is definitely in your hands, so I'll leave it there - except for one suggestion if I may:
You talk about forgetting passwords and then tell us you have more IT-related devices than some computer shops! Dare I say that perhaps the two are linked, and if you were to rationalise your devices (maybe down to 1 PC, 1 tablet and 1 phone), you might find it much easier to remember your passwords, especially if you do what many others do and base them all on a common theme, eg HowNowBrownCow@#$123, and the next one being HowNowBlueCow@#$456, and so on.
Just a thought...

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2024, 01:05:41 PM »
It is a pity that when I have finally understood the MB that there is no one posting anything!!!  I was gutted to find that no one has joined in my birthday thread - but then I suppose it was pretty boring and parochial. 

Having the same old bother with passwords and now the passkey for my iPhone.  If you try to enter the wrong passkey ten times it locks the phone.  I know have the message "iPhone unavailable" and for some reason I can't get WhatsApp.  I have had to dig out an ex phone to use until I can get to a phone person.

I now have 4 computers, 2 laptops, an iMac and an all in one PC (this one I passed to my grandson number two but he got fed up of it so I am going to get it in to service again.

Best Wishes

Pam aka champion password forgetter

MR

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2024, 03:49:44 AM »
That's good news, Pam - let's hope a few more "oldies" get the same idea!

PamMcD

• Valued Member
    • View Profile
Message Board
« Reply #1 on: 08 May, 2024, 03:13:47 PM »
I am finding it a little easier to navigate the MB so I will log in every day I think.